Tuesday 11 September 2012

Societies and Bankers.

Second day of classes. Today wasn't too bad actually. Despite having an 08:00 start, reading class was alright. I understood quite a bit of the lesson apart from the odd few words here and there but I guess as long as I learn whatever's in the book, then it'll be fine. Tutorial was next and I'm pretty happy about this class because it's practically a doss. The teacher said that unless we have any problems, just treat it as if we didn't have a lesson.

BNU was also holding a society fair today, and I made my first proper Chinese friend who can speak English pretty well!! We've even got so friendly as to now be meeting up to have lunch together next weekend. :O I also joined the English Club (lame but I guess it's a good way to make friends? since there are gonna be people who want to learn English), some Student's Association of International Network, and I'm also planning on joining the Mountain Climbing, Road Trip, and possibly the Taekwondo society.


Bank of China phoned me up and were saying something, but I'm not quite sure what. From what I managed to make out, it's something to do with the money transfer but I heard them say something like wanting me to change my name on my account? I'm not sure. A lady phoned and tried to explain in Chinese but because I didn't get a few words she was saying, she called over a guy to explain it instead. I think this was pretty pointless because he basically repeated pretty much the same things she was saying but in different words, and still used Chinese... :/ In the end I just asked them to tell me the address of the bank and I'll come over to sort it out so I now have to make a trip to the bank tomorrow. Good thing I don't have classes until the afternoon!

Also, just to add on, as I was walking down the hutong near the apartment where I get my daily drink of milk tea, Beth and I stopped by a bread shop run by Muslims. The people serving asked if I was a Muslim, and then asked if I was Malaysian. Since I've been here, I've also been mistaken for being Indonesian, Pakistani, and asked which of the Chinese ethnic minorities I belong to... :|

No comments:

Post a Comment