Sunday 9 September 2012

Textbook Day.


Got the textbooks for first term today. All these for just 190yuan (about £20). If it was England, it'd probably be £20 a book instead!! Flicking through them, they actually aren't as bad as I thought they'd be but maybe once lessons start, I might change my mind?

In the afternoon I wandered the hutong near the apartment with Beth and stopped off at a different drinks place which also sold milk tea/ bubble tea type drinks. The guy who was in charge of the stall mentioned Ibby (using her Chinese name) and we mentioned that we were her classmates. After a while, we realized that this guy had been texting Ibby, and was her "Chinese penpal." When I tried to take a picure of my drink, he started to pose and smile in the background. I didn't actually know he was doing this until I saw him in my screen looking straight at the camera and smiling. I got a bit embarrassed and tried to wait until he wasn't looking to take a picture but he still just carried on smiling and looking. Oh well.


I visited Ibby and told her about what had happened, who then mentioned Beth and I to him over a text. He then texted back inviting her to a drink and Ibby invited me along. So tomorrow afternoon, we'll be getting free drinks. I guess this is pretty lucky since I have literally no money for the time being. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment