Monday 17 September 2012

Just A Mess.

The day was just like any other, get up, have lunch and then go to class. In the afternoon though, Yasmin and Ibby wanted to go out and have dinner in a restaurant since it was Yasmin's last night in China. Ibby had found some Middle Eastern Arabian Restaurant in the northwest of Beijing too which she was pretty keen on going to - I guess because she stressed to us that she doesn't like Chinese food.

Anyway, had a bit of a time trying to sort out this restaurant business because it was late notice and I was pretty tired cos I had just finished class. I got a text from Ibby at 17:20 class saying that they wanted to eat dinner at 18:00 - not possible because it would take that long for me to dump my books, walk to the train station, complete the train journey and then find them. Ibby was already in the area where the restaurant was as well, and Yasmin was on her way to meet Ibby. I phoned up Ibby saying I couldn't possibly make it to where they were in such a short time so she told me to get a bus down from the university rather than walk. I then spent about half an hour phoning back and forth between Yasmin and Ibby saying how I would take a while to get there, as well as pretty much being their messenger girl - don't see why they couldn't just talk to each other instead. In the end, I managed to cancel myself from having to go because I was just too tired to be bothered to go out and was going to have dinner with Tanya (but I didn't phrase it like that to them) so the other two just went by themselves.

Instead, Tanya and I ended up visiting the soybean milk guy and we somehow stayed there for an unexpectedly long time. :O He was asking us stuff about working in London and how London in general compares to Beijing. He also asked us some other questions but we had no idea what he was saying. How we were there for 2hours, I just don't know. o.O

No comments:

Post a Comment