Tuesday 4 September 2012

To The Clinic.

Being foreigners, we have to take a compulsory physical health examination. The clinic which we had to go to is open from 08:30-11:00 so we had to get up extra early today to make sure we got there in time. The journey took about an hour and after arriving, we found that the whole place was packed full of foreign students, some from BNU, some from other universities. So we had to queue for a good hour or so before finally being able to get on with the examinations.

The first examination was a blood test. This was actually my first time I've had a blood test and surprisingly, it wasn't too bad. I couldn't actually feel the needle even go in which was pretty good. As I was getting my blood taken, next to me was Beth who was sat there screaming her head off because she doesn't like needles. It was hilarious to me, probably not so much to her.

Next up was a X-ray exam. This was pretty quick. We went in the room, stood up against a machine for 10 seconds and then we could leave.

The next room was a bit... different. I wasn't quite sure what to expect but what happened was when I went in the room, there was one lady who asked me to lie down, she then pulled my top up and put some wet suckers on me; one on my ankle, on my wrist, three across my chest and two on my stomach. Eurgh, not the nicest of feelings.

Blood pressure was then taken in the next room, followed by an eye test, a check to see if we had tonsils, and a check to see if we had ears in the following room.

In the final room upstairs, we were checked to see if we had a throat and jaw, and our weight and heights were measured.

To finish everything off, we had to go back down, hand in all the forms and then were asked to come back again on Friday.

We had to make our way back to BNU after the clinic as we had to pick up our BNU ID cards which is proof that we are BNU students. Here, the people at the desk also gave me my student campus card as I had lost it yesterday in all the confusion during registration as I simply had too much to carry in my hands and only just noticed I had dropped it after I had got back to my room.

For dinner, we went to a Korean restaurant hidden down an alleyway. The portion was too huge, and I had to drink almost 2litres of drink to help me wash the food down and finish my bowl. The rice was just too dry and grainy.. :|




Just some nice graffiti in the alleyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment